Night of Legends at Jaunauce Manor and Vadakste Manor on 28 October
The Night of Legends at castles, palaces and manors has become a tradition in Latvia. On 28 October many manors and palaces will open their doors allowing visitors to find out about legends related to these places and participate in various activities and events.
Vadakste manor in Saldus municipality will be open to visitors from 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. Several exhibitions will be displayed at the manor house: collections of mugs and dolls, also paintings and textiles. Free entrance.
At 6.30 p.m. stories will be read to children by Elmārs and Gunta Kalniņi.
At 8 p.m. there will be a concert by Guntis Veits and Guntis Brancis.
Creative workshop – making fabric pumpkins.
“Hot Cafe” will provide snacks and drinks, and a special dinner will be served in the cellar. It must be booked in advance and costs 25.00 EUR (drinks not included), for reservations please call +371 25619406.
- The wine cellar will be open from 7.30 p.m. till midnight;
- At 8 p.m.: a performance based on events that happened at Jaunauce manor. Advance reservations are mandatory due to the limited number of seats;
- At 9.45 p.m. – a fashion show in the enfilade;
- At 11 p.m. – a guided tour of the palace;
- At midnight – escape game (trying to escape from the former house of the estate manager). Price for a group of up to eight people: 40.00 EUR. Book your escape game by calling +371 26014296.
Entrance fee at Jaunauce manor: 2.00 EUR